Prolong Your Cat's Life
Devonshire Veterinary Clinic provides a full range of preventive care services to help your cat live a longer, happier life and to increase the odds of detecting problems early, before they become severe and costly.
Our veterinarians make their annual preventive care recommendations based on the guidelines established by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) and the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and take into consideration your cat's hereditary factors, age, medical history and lifestyle.
Our recommendations for feline annual preventive care include:
- At least one annual Physical Examination at which time our veterinarians will take a complete medical history, make nutrition recommendations, assess behavior, and review any known medical conditions.
During the exam our doctors will perform a:
- Ear and Eye Examination
- Cardiopulmonary (Heart and Lung) analysis
- Temperature Reading
- Abdominal Palpation
- Dental Exam
- Dermatological Exam
- Musculoskeletal Evaluation
- Vaccination recommendations include core vaccines Rabies and Feline Distemper. Your veterinarian may also suggest the Feline Leukemia vaccine for outdoor cats.
- Parasite Control Products to prevent and repel heartworms, intestinal parasites, fleas and ticks. Roundworms and hookworms can be transmitted to humans, so controlling these parasites protects your cat and also your family.
CATS-ONLY EXAM ROOM
We now have a room exclusively for our feline patients. The room includes cat décor, a soft mat for them to lay on, a cat scale, and a feliway diffuser to make the cats more comfortable. We are ready to give the best possible care to our feline friends!
Your veterinarian will also discuss other services, such as dental care or microchipping,* that can lead to a longer and healthier life for your cat.
*We use HomeAgain.